I know, I know…..waffles are not muffins but they are a kind of breakfast bread, related to muffins sort of…..so for today’s Muffin Monday, Apple Cider Waffles.
Fall just screams apples, pumpkins, falling leaves, warm sweaters and cool nights. It is my favorite time of year. Taking long walks to see all the beautiful colored trees, bundling up in warm sweaters on cool days and crunching through piles of leaves. Hot apple cider and a bonfire. Who could ask for anything more?
Start a weekend morning with these Apple Cider Waffles and your family will be clamoring for them again and again.
Apple Cider Waffles
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup apple cider
- Preheat waffle iron while mixing batter.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and add the apple cider beating to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and pour in the egg cider mixture. Mix just until combined. There may be small lumps, that is alright.
- Bake in preheated waffle iron using waffle iron’s directions.
I suggest serving with chicken apple sausage and maple syrup or sautéed apples. YUM!