Who doesn’t love a raspberry muffin? I for one am a big fan of the raspberry, in any form except imitation raspberry flavoring. These muffins just make me smile.
Raspberry Crumble Muffins
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
Topping – cut through with pastry cutter to combine:
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together till fully incorporated.
- Add beaten eggs and extract until well blended.
- Gradually add sifted flour mixture into butter mixture till just blended.
- Stir in light cream until mixture is smooth.
- Gently fold in berries being careful to not break the berries too much.
- Spoon into paper lined muffin cups, filling almost full.
- Top with crumb mixture.
- To make crumble mixture, combine butter, sugar and flour with a fork or pastry blender till about the size of small peas.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or till tester tests clean