On a cold bluster day when the kiddos are off school, nothing starts the day better than hot from the oven muffins. Mixed by hand, these Nutella muffins whip up quickly and are dense, moist and loaded with swirls of chocolaty hazelnut goodness. Try them soon. You’ll love em!
Nutella Swirl Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temperature (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup cooking oil, (corn, canola, or vegetable)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Coarse sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or spray with baking spray and set aside
- Sift together flour, salt and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat by hand softened butter and sugar till incorporated.
- Add oil, eggs and vanilla mixing until smooth.
- Gradually stir dry ingredients into wet mixture just till incorporated. Mixture will be fairly stiff.
- Using an ice cream scoop dip mixture into prepared muffin tins.
- Place a little less than 1 tablespoon of Nutella on top of each muffin. It doesn’t have to be measured. A little more or less is fine.
- Using a bamboo skewer or toothpick, swirl Nutella into muffin batter. DO NOT over mix. You want to see swirls of color.
- Sprinkle tops of muffins with coarse sugar (optional) for a little added crunch.
- Bake at 425° for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°.and continue baking an additional 15-19 minutes or till toothpick inserted in center tests clean.