I know, it’s been a while since I made muffins. Sorry but I’ve been a little busy.
While looking for a new muffin recipe to use in making other flavors of muffins, I came across a Vanilla Muffin recipe and thought with a few changes, it could work. The extra large measure of vanilla really comes through and we found the sugar needed could be reduced to 1/2 cup and still be a tasty muffin. So give this one a try and see what you think.
We served it with some apple butter made last year. They were fantastic for Mother’s Day. In fact, those little boys in my life finished this batch of muffins off in only one day. I think that’s a record.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside
- Sift flour, salt, and baking powder together and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and egg beating by hand till incorporated.
- Stir in milk, vanilla, oil and melted butter stirring till completely combined
- Mix in flour mixture gently folding but do not beat the batter.
- Using an ice cream scoop, dip the batter into the muffin cups filling 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375F for 15 to 18 minutes or till toothpick test clean
- Remove muffin tin from oven and cool muffins in the tin for 5 minutes then remove to wire rack to completely cool.
- Will keep at room temperature for 2 to 3 days in an airtight container.
Watch for more muffin varieties using this recipe as a base. I think it will work well. ………We’ll see.