The hot summer days we have been experiencing can make it difficult to think of enjoying dinner. But, cool summer salads for dinner are more than enjoyable, they are down right delicious.
My Hubby’s favorite Greek Pasta Salad is one we serve quite often at home. This salad is perfect to take with to a family reunion, neighborhood block party, church picnic or any other outdoor dinner. The ingredients are all able to withstand the heat of an outdoor event for several hours without any concern of it being affected by the heat. In fact, I enjoy this salad at room temperature more than chilled. Enjoy!
Greek Pasta Salad
- 2 cups dried Orzo, cooked, drained and rinsed
- 12 Kalamata Olives, pitted and sliced lengthwise
- 1 pint grape or cherry Tomato
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch Scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf Parsley
- ½ cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook orzo per package directions in a large pot of boiling water. Drain and rinse with cool water and set aside while it cools to room temperature.
- While pasta is cooking, whisk together lemon vinaigrette and set aside.
- Mix together cooled pasta and all other salad ingredients in a large bowl and pour lemon vinaigrette over the salad.
- Toss to coat.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Makes about 2 quarts salad.