Hey, bet you thought I fell off the face of the earth? Well, I have been traveling for the past two and a half months and there hasn’t been much baking going on. So now that its the end of October with cooler weather in sight, I’m baking again and what better muffin to make for Fall than a Pumpkin Spice Muffin?
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filing)
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Coarse sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line with paper muffin cups a 12 muffin pan and set aside.
- Sift together: flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a larger bowl mix together the sugar and oil until blended, add eggs one at a time beating by hand to combine.
- Then add milk and pumpkin mixing by hand just till blended.
- Stir in flour mixture until well blended and fill muffin cups with a ice cream scoop to ensure all muffins are the same size.
- Sprinkle tops of muffins with a little coarse sugar. It gives a nice crunch to the tops.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick tests clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes then remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.