Who doesn’t love a sour cream coffee cake? Sometimes it more convenient to bake it in a muffin form. It’s more portable, packs better for lunches, and is easier to grab and go in the morning. Try these Coffee Cake Muffins soon.
Coffee Cake Muffins
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons coarse salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin papers and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, instant coffee and cocoa, set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar by hand.
- Beat in one egg at a time beating just until combined.
- Beat in one third of the four mixture then half of the sour cream, then another third of the flour mixture. Beat the remaining sour cream then the last third of the flour mixture.
- Add the vanilla and mix till incorporated.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups only half way(about 2 tablespoons), sprinkle the prepared topping, then top with more batter and sprinkle the tops with the remaining topping.
- Swirl the batter using a toothpick or bamboo skewer to get a marbleized effect.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a cake tester tests clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days….if they last that long.